Awards and Honors
Because the University of Maryland Medical Center recognizes that sustaining a healthy environment is essential to maintaining both personal and public health, it has committed itself to becoming a leader in the statewide movement to adopt more environmentally sound practices. The awards and honors below showcase not only the success of the Medical Center's Green Team, but also the dedication our employees put forth for this cause.
- Emerald Award (Practice Greenhealth)
- Top Hospital in the Nation Greening the OR Award (Practice Greenhealth)
- Circle of Excellence Award for Top 10 nationwide performance in Safer Chemicals (Practice Greenhealth)
- Circle of Excellence Award for Top 10 nationwide performance in Greening the OR (Practice Greenhealth)
- Trailblazer Award from Increasing Healthy and Sustainable Food in Healthcare (MDH2E)
- Partner For Change Award with Distinction (Practice Greenhealth)
- Integrative Pest Management in Health Care Award (Maryland Pesticide Network)
- Partner For Change with Distinction (Practice Greenhealth)
- Trailblazer Award for New Mom’s Pesticide Education Program (MDH2E)
- Partner for Change with Distinction (Practice Greenhealth)
- Trailblazer Award for Energy Conservation (MDH2E)
- Partner for Change (Practice Greenhealth)
- Making Medicine Mercury Free (Practice Greenhealth)
- Trailblazer Award for implanting Hazardous Pharmaceutical Waste Management Program (MDH2E)
- Trailblazer Award for the University Farmers Market (Maryland Hospitals for a Healthier Environment (MDH2E))
More about the Awards Committees
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care membership community that empowers its members to increase their efficiencies and environmental stewardship while improving patient safety and care.
Maryland Hospitals for a Healthier Environment (MDH2E) is a technical assistance and networking initiative that promotes environmental sustainability in health care. Participants include hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, research laboratories, and other ancillary health care providers in Maryland.