Making a Difference
How UMMC is Making a Difference
Through the use of key programs and services, the University of Maryland Medical Center is providing important resources to encourage health and healing among members of the community. By providing access to information, classes, assistance and support, the University of Maryland Medical Center is supplying important resources to encourage health and healing among members of the community.
See how UMMC is making a difference:
- Locally – Description of programs that are empowering the community by providing jobs and career training.
- Teaching – Overview of the teaching initiatives UMMC supports to educate Baltimore's youth about avoiding health problems and adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Caring – Explanation of UMMC's efforts to support Baltimore City residents through the Harbor City Unlimited Residential Rehabilitation Program.
- Healing – Overview of the Baltimore City Cancer Program and Roberta's House, programs that offer support to further the healing process.
- Every Day – A list the many programs that work every day to strengthen the community.
- Globally – Highlights the work UMMC is doing and the services it is providing to individuals beyond the state of Maryland.
See a full list of Programs & Services UMMC offers to engage and empower communities from Baltimore, to Port-au-Prince and beyond.
This page was last updated on:
February 4, 2011.
For patient inquiries, call 1-866-408-6885 or click here to make an appointment.