University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology
Services for Adults
Within the University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology, services have been designed to help people with diabetes enrich their physical and emotional lives. Programs offer the latest available therapies and focus on promoting self-care to help you get and stay healthy.
Specialized services include:
This page was last updated on:
- Consultative services for newly diagnosed patients and complicated cases
- Complication screening, prevention and treatment
- Comprehensive annual checkup with interdisciplinary specialists
- Gestational diabetes program
- Coordination with The Maryland Women's Center to meet the needs of pregnant women with diabetes
- Foot care
- Weight and nutrition management
- Medication management and insulin injection techniques
- Home blood-glucose monitoring
- Insulin pump management
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Clinical trials participation
- Diabetes support groups
- Smoking cessation assistance
December 26, 2012.
For appointments or information, call 1-888-567-5468.