Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Fellowship Program
Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship
The Musculoskeletal Radiology section includes four full-time faculty members (two of whom are members of the International Skeletal Society), who are responsible for the performance and interpretation of all examinations related to musculoskeletal imaging. The fellowship includes ample experience in all facets of musculoskeletal imaging, including advanced CT and MR applications. The fellowship experience has a particular emphasis on orthopedics with a vast collection of material obtained through the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center. Extensive referrals, including those from the comprehensive University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center and an active sports medicine practice, provide a wide variety of cases for academic endeavors.
MSK Fellowship Information - 2010
2 Funded Positions
S. Resnik, M.D.
Professor of Radiology and Orthopedics
Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology,
Radiology Residency Program Director (at UMMS since 1986)
E. Mulligan, M.D.
Professor of Radiology,
MSK Radiology Fellowship Program Director
Chief of Radiology - Kernan Hospital (at UMMS since 1993)
- Lina Chen, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology (at UMMS since 2009)
- Derik Davis, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology (at UMMS since 2010)
Facilities/Equipment: Seven hospitals, two imaging centers
- UMMC: 655 beds, 240,000 total exams; 40,000
CTs, 10,000 MRs; 3 CT (40-256 slice), 3 MR (3T and two 1.5T), 2 research MR (one 3T and one 7T), AGFA-PACS
- Shock trauma: 140 beds, 2CT, AGFA-PACS
- VA: 750 beds, 80,000 exams, 2 CT, 2 MR (1.5T and 3T), GE-PACS
- Kernan Hospital (Ortho/Rehab): 130 beds, 30,000
exams, 1 CT (64 slice)
- Maryland General Hospital: 250 beds, 1 CT, 1 MR (1.5T)
- Good Samaritan Hospital: 346 beds; 1 CT, 1 MR (1.5T)
- Union Memorial Hospital: 310 beds; CT, MR (1.5T) [Baltimore Ravens]
Two Outside Imaging Centers:
- University Imaging Center: Paca/Redwood - 15,000
exams, 1 CT, 1 MR (1.5T)
- Texas Station: Outpatient Orthopedic Clinic
Conferences (in addition to twice daily resident conferences)
- Weekly Thursday morning Sports Medicine Conference at UMMC
- Weekly Wednesday morning Tumors at Johns Hopkins University
- Weekly Friday morning Orthopedic Basic Science at UMMC
- Monthly Musculoskeletal Radiology Journal Club
- Monthly Rheumatology at UMMC
- Monthly Orthopedic Grand Rounds
- Monthly Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors at Washington Hospital Center
Vacation Time: 22 workdays (includes last week of June)
Meeting Time: 5 days ($1,500)
Call: Averages 1 weekend day every 6–8 weeks
This page was last updated on:
For additional information about fellowships in Musculoskeletal
Radiology, contact: Michael Mulligan, MD, MSK radiology fellowship program director, at: email@example.com
October 19, 2010.