Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Division of Pediatric Radiology
The Division of Pediatric Radiology specializes in diagnostic imaging procedures for pediatric patients. Division specialists work closely with other pediatric specialists to provide comprehensive care for children.
- Any condition requiring diagnostic imaging of infants, children and adolescents
- Plain film studies
- GI and GU contrast studies
- Pediatric ultrasound
- CT and MRI for pediatric patients
- VCUG (Voiding Cystourethogram) Often children and their families do not know exactly what to expect when visiting the hospital for certain tests and procedures. The following link directs you to a short booklet geared toward children and designed to help explain the steps of a Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG). We encourage parents and guardians to review the booklet before sharing it with your child. Once you are familiar with the resource it can guide you in the best way to explain the actual procedure to your child.
- Digital imaging in pediatrics
Services to Physicians
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Special treatment procedures
For more information call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians). If you prefer, you may call the division directly at 410-328-5700.
This page was last updated on:
June 1, 2012.