Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Thoracic Radiology Section
The Thoracic Radiology Section offers comprehensive chest evaluation with plain films, CT, MRI, needle biopsies and drainages, provided by three fellowship-trained chest radiologists.
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal masses
- Parenchymal lung disease
- Aortic diseases
- Pleural diseases
- Unenhanced and enhanced chest CT
- High resolution chest CT
- Cardiothoracic MRI
- Needle biopsy of the lung
- Needle biopsy of the mediastinum/pleural masses
- Pleural drainages
- CT guidance for bronchoscopy
- Screening for lung cancer
- Utility of cardiothoracic MRI
- Lung cancer screening
- Screening for coronary artery disease
Services to Physicians
- General diagnostic services
- Second opinions
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Biopsy with on-site pathology evaluation
For more information call the University Physicians Consultation
and Referral Service at 1-800- 492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).
If you prefer, you may call the division directly at 410-328-5413.
This page was last updated on:
July 31, 2008.