Photographic developer poisoning; Hydroquinone poisoning; Quinone poisoning; Sulfite poisoning
Photographic fixatives are chemicals used to develop photographs.
This article discusses poisoning from swallowing such chemicals.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Photographic fixative can also break down (decompose) to form sulfur dioxide gas.
These chemicals are found in products used to develop photographs.
© 2011 University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC). All rights reserved.
UMMC is a member of the University of Maryland Medical System,
22 S. Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. TDD: 1-800-735-2258 or 1.866.408.6885