Maryland Epilepsy Center
Patient Conditions, Evaluations, and Treatments
- Undiagnosed or poorly characterized seizure disorders
- Seizures refractory to anticonvulsant drug therapy
- Post-traumatic seizures
- Routine, ambulatory and video EEG
- Intensive inpatient video EEG monitoring
- Anticonvulsant drug treatment and monitoring
- Depth electrode or cortical grid monitoring/mapping to determine potential
for surgical intervention
- Neuropsychological testing
This page was last updated on:
- Antiseizure medications
- Epilepsy surgery
- Vagal nerve stimulation
July 24, 2009.
University Of Maryland Epilepsy Center is recognized by the NAEC as a Level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
For more information about the Maryland Epilepsy Center, or to make an appointment, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).