Maryland Epilepsy Center
Research Activities & Services to Physicians
- Clinical drug trials to control seizures
- Localizing the focus of epilepsy
- Basic mechanisms of seizures
- Post-traumatic epilepsy
- Surgery for epilepsy
- Status epilepticus
- Nonepileptic seizures
Services to Physicians
This page was last updated on:
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
- Special treatment procedures, such as surgery and investigational anti-epileptic
- Short-term and long-term management support
July 7, 2008.
University Of Maryland Epilepsy Center is recognized by the NAEC as a Level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
For more information about the Maryland Epilepsy Center, or to make an appointment, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).