Department of Medicine
Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
The Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine, based at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs
Medical Center, provides inpatient and outpatient medical services. The division
has particular interest in preventive medicine, geriatric assessment and geriatric
- Obesity in aging
- Type 2 diabetes and aging
- Cardiovascular risk factors and aging
- Recent functional decline
- Altered mentation (depression, delirium, dementia)
- Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC) assessment
center for cardiovascular risk factor reduction
- Obesity/body composition
- Geriatric assessment (outpatient and inpatient consultation)
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management Unit (inpatient)
This page was last updated on:
- Exercise training
- Comprehensive care of the frail elderly, rehabilitation medicine
- Continuity of care for frail elderly patients
July 29, 2010.
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation
and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).
If you prefer, you may call the division directly at 410-605-7185.