Influenza virus vaccine, recombinant (Injection)
Influenza Virus Vaccine Recombinant (in-floo-EN-za VYE-rus VAX-een ree-KOM-bi-nant)
Helps prevent infection with influenza virus.
Flublok 2014-2015 Formula
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this vaccine. The vaccine is given as a shot into one of your muscles, usually in the shoulder.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how the influenza virus vaccine works. Tell your doctor if you are using any medicines that weaken your immune system, such as cancer medicines, radiation treatment, or steroids.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- The influenza virus vaccine may not protect everyone who receives it. This vaccine will not treat flu symptoms if you have already been infected with the virus.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Headache, muscle pain, tiredness
- Redness, pain, swelling, bruising, or a small lump where the shot was given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 9/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.