Isosulfan blue (By injection)
Isosulfan Blue (eye-soe-SUL-fan BLOO)
Used during a medical test or imaging procedure to help organs or other body parts show up better.
Isosulfan Blue Novaplus, Lymphazurin, PremierPro Rx Isosulfan Blue
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- A health caregiver will give you this medicine. It is given as a shot under your skin.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you had an allergic reaction to any dye or medicine given during a test or procedure, or if you have a history of asthma or allergies.
- This medicine may cause your urine to turn blue for up to 24 hours after you receive it. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Confusion, dizziness, lightheadedness, skin rash, sweating
- Pain, swelling, itching, blistering, rash, or a lump under your skin where the shot was given
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blue discoloration of the skin
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 10/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.