Lidocaine (Into the mouth)
Advanced DNA Medicated Collection Kit, Advanced DNA Medicated Collection Kit II, Advanced DNA Medicated Collection Kit III, DyNAmic Kit, DyNAmic Plus Pak, First-Mouthwash BLM, Medicated DNA Collection Kit, Professional DNA Medicated Collection Kit
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Powder, Liquid, Kit, Spray
- Use this medicine as directed. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Liquid: Drop several drops of the medicine on a cotton swab and dab it onto the affected area. Allow the medicine to dry for 15 minutes.
- Unless directed by your doctor, do not apply this medicine to an burned or irritated skin, on an open sore, or to a large area of skin.
- This medicine will catch on fire. Do not use it near heat, fire, or open flame.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- This medicine is not for long-term use. Do not use this medicine for more than 7 days.
- Missed dose:Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- You should not use this medicine on a child under 2 years of age without a doctor's approval.
- Do not get this medicine into your eyes. If you do, rinse your eyes with water for ten minutes and then call your doctor right away.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Swelling, rash, or fever
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 10/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.