Mitomycin (On the skin)
Used during filtration surgery for glaucoma.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- A doctor or other health professional will apply this medicine to your eyes during glaucoma surgery.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy. It could harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you have cataracts or any other eye problems.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Increased risk of cataracts or other lens problems in patients who have a phakic intraocular lens
- Low pressure inside the eye
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision or other vision changes
- Eye pain, light sensitivity, watery eyes
- Redness, irritation, or swelling of your eye or eyelid
- Seeing flashes or floating spots before your eyes
- Seeing halos around lights
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 10/12/2016
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.