Rose bengal (Into the eye)
Rose Bengal (roze BEN-gal)
Used during an eye test to help your doctor find certain types of eye problems.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Remove your contact lenses before receiving this medicine.
- Your doctor will put the strip in your eyes before an eye examination.
- You may need to blink several times after the strip is applied.
- Wait for 10 minutes before putting your contact lenses.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using other eye medicines.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are wearing contact lenses.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe pain or swelling of your eyes.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision.
- Burning or redness in your eyes.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 10/12/2016
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.