Medical Staff Services
Credentialing & Approval Process
For Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) & Physician Assistants:
(APRNs include Nurse Practitioners,
Nurse Midwives, and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists)
For other allied health practitioners, please contact Medical Staff Services
directly at 410-328-2902 for further instructions.
All Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants must have accepted a
position with a clinical department at the University of Maryland Medical Center,
University Physicians, Inc, or other UMMS affiliation. Please do not complete/submit
an application unless this has taken place.
- When starting the credentialing process, please ensure that you have applied
Download the necessary credentialing documents from this website.
These include the:
- Submitted an attestation to the Board of Nursing (if applicable);
- Maryland license;
- Federal DEA registration with a Maryland address (if applicable);
- Maryland Controlled Substance Registration (if applicable);
Submit the following to the appropriate Medical Staff Coordinator:
- Hospital Initial Appointment Application;
- Federal DEA/Maryland CDS Attestation (if applicable);
- Privilege form;
Be on call and willing to assist Medical Staff Services should they run
into problems doing primary source verification regarding your education,
previous training/employment, insurance coverage, peer reviews, etc. Your
help will expedite the process.
This page was last updated on:
- Privilege form
- Copies of all licenses, board certifications, malpractice insurance certificates
- Copy of BON attestation, job description, etc (if applicable);
- Appropriate references:
CRNAs must supply the name/contact/email information of an Anesthesiologist as a reference on their application. This is a requirement of the Anesthesiology Department Chairman.
CRNPs must supply the name/contact/email information of a preceptor/direct supervisor from their CRNP Program if they are a recent graduate of the program (within 5 years). This is a requirement of the CRNP Director.
February 29, 2012.
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).