Medical Staff Services
Accessing Practitioner and Resident/Fellow Privilege Information
Practitioners (attendings, dentists, clinical psychologists, podiatrists,
physician assistants and advanced practice nurses) at UMMC are approved for
various privileges/procedures through the hospital credentialing process, which
includes review by the Credentials and Medical Executive Committees and the
Board of Directors.
Residents/Fellows: Each residency and fellowship program at UMMC has
a defined process for establishing roles, responsibilities, and patient care
activities of trainees. All residents/fellows at UMMC acquire varying levels
of competence for many procedures during the course of their training.
Attending and Affiliate Staff Practitioners:
All practitioners at UMMC are approved for various privileges/procedures through
the hospital credentialing process, which includes review by the Credentials
and Medical Executive Committees and the Board of Directors.
If a Patient Care Services staff member is unsure as to whether a practitioner
is approved for a certain procedure, Midas Credentialing should
be accessed in order to obtain verification.
To access Midas Credentialing, go to the Patient Care
Resources tab on the Intranet.
Under Hospital and Clinical Resources, click on Midas,
then Midas Credentialing.
- Enter the User ID: NURSEONE (all caps)
- Enter Password: MANAGERONE (all caps)
- Click on the Privileges Inquiry button (or click on Function to access
- Enter the Physician’s last name or just the first few letters of
the last name – then hit the tab key
- Select the desired name and click OK
- After you've selected the provider, you should see the Dept/Division of
the practitioner. The physician will be listed as follows: ACTIVE or INACTIVE.
If the status is INACTIVE, or no status is listed, then the practitioner
does not have current hospital privileges. Please contact Medical Staff Services
at 8-2902 or the Administrator-on-Call outside of normal business hours for
- Some departments group their privileges into categories. To see a description
of these categories, click the + under Priv. Desc. Once finished, click Close
to exit description.
- To review individual privileges, click on the the “Show Privileges”
button. All individual privileges, either ACTIVE or INACTIVE, for a particular
specialty will appear.
- Once viewing is complete, click Close.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if the practitioner I'm looking for doesn't appear?
You should assume that he/she has no privileges at this institution. Contact
Medical Staff Services as above.
- Are residents/fellows in the database?
Yes, however, you will not see any privileges in their record as they are
not privileged as attending physicians. See the J-Mail on using the E-Value
system for access to resident information.
- Are Advanced Practice Nurses (NPs, CRNAs, Midwives) or Physician
Assistants in the database?
For further Privileging Questions, please contact:
NOTE: These supervision guidelines are not meant to establish
a standard of care that must be followed in each case. UMMC recognizes that
conditions will vary depending upon individual patients and that those medical
professionals caring for the patient must use their judgment in determining
what is in the best interest of the patient based on the circumstances existing
at the time. As such, departures from these guidelines may be required.
If a Patient Care Services staff member is unsure as to the competency of a particular resident/fellow, E-Value should be accessed. E-Value is a web-based system, and is accessed through the internet.
Click here for instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if the resident I'm looking for doesn't appear?
The resident or fellow is probably not an UMMC employee and perhaps a rotator
in one of the training programs. Contact Medical Staff Services at 8-2902,
or the Administrator-on-Call if outside of normal business hours.
- What if the resident/fellow is not complying with the supervision
The staff member should contact the attending on call for immediate assistance.
The program director should also be notified of the situation, as well as
the UMMC GME office during normal business hours. The latter may be contacted
via email with feedback at email@example.com.
For further Resident Questions, or for a handout with instructions and sample
screen shots, please contact:
- Allison Andrus, Director, Medical Staff Services, 8-1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heather Keating, Senior Medical Staff Coordinator, 8-2103 or email@example.com
- For Technical Support for E-Value, please contact Laura
Pounds, 8-1004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on:
April 27, 2009.
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).