UMMC Nursing Grand Rounds
The goals of Nursing Grand Rounds are:
- Provide opportunities for nurses to learn or expand their clinical knowledge base of practice from experienced peers
- Acknowledge and recognize nursing expertise in our staff
- Case studies on selected diagnoses describing "here's how we managed--and what we learned from the experience"
- Use as a teaching tool to help students and staff gain clinical competence and become more proficient in nursing processes; and
- Decrease staff isolation and promoting professional development.(e)
Focus of the grand rounds:
- Presentation of research studies, practice problems, barriers, issues, and/or methodologies
- Case studies of selected diagnosis
- Best practices on selected interventions or care practices
- Research literature review of selected themes
Click here to see Nursing Grand Rounds - 2012 Schedule
This page was last updated on:
Luzia Lima, Professional Development Coordinator, at 8-7699 or firstname.lastname@example.org
March 5, 2012.
For patient inquiries, call 1-800-492-5538
or click here
to make an appointment.