Mary L. Forte, Ph.D., D.C.
Department of Epidemiology & Public Health,
Department of Orthopaedics
University of Maryland Medical Center
22 S. Greene Street, S11B
Baltimore, MD 21201
Dr. Forte's research interests include:
- Geriatric hip fractures
- Administrative data analysis including Medicare, comparative effectiveness,
healthcare outcomes, orthopaedic technology adoption
Dr. Forte's clinical specialty is chiropractic medicine.
- Ph.D. - University of Minnesota School of Public Health, 2009
- D.C. - Northwestern College of Chiropractic, 1988
- B.S. - Northwestern College of Chiropractic, 1991.
This page was last updated on:
- Shearer HM, Forte ML, Dosanjh S, Mathews DJ, Bhandari M. Chiropractors'
Perceptions About Intimate Partner Violence: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal of
Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Vol. 29 (5): 386-392, June 2006
- Kane RL, Forte ML. The Costs of Chiropractic Care in Minnesota. Clinical
Chiropractic, Vol. 10 (2): 81-90, June 2007
- Forte ML, Virnig BA, Kane RL, Durham S, Bhandari M, Feldman R, Swiontkowski
MF. Geographic Variation in Device Use for Intertrochanteric Hip Fractures. Journal of
Bone & Joint Surgery (Am). 2008;90:691-9
- Forte ML, Virnig BA, Swiontkowski MF, Bhandari M, Feldman R, Eberly LE,
Kane RL. Ninety-day Mortality after Intertrochanteric Hip Fracture: Does Provider Volume
Matter? Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (Am). 2010;92:799-806
- Forte ML, Virnig BA, Eberly LE, Swiontkowski MF, Feldman R, Bhandari M,
Kane RL. Provider Factors Associated with Intramedullary Nail Use for Intertrochanteric
Hip Fractures. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (Am). 2010;92:1105-111
- Butler M, Forte ML, Joglekar S, Swiontkowski MF, Kane RL. Evidence
Summary: Systematic Review of Surgical Treatments for Geriatric Hip Fractures. Journal of
Bone & Joint Surgery (Am). In press
January 15, 2013.
For more information about UM Orthopaedics or to make an appointment, call toll-free at 1-877-771-4567 or 410-448-6400, send us an e-mail
or complete our secure contact form