Children's Heart Running Team
Join the Children's Heart Running Team in the 2013 Baltimore Running Festival.
About the Team
The Children's Heart Running Team is comprised of runners of all levels who have chosen to raise money for children's heart disease as part of their participation in the annual Baltimore Running Festival. The race this year will be held on October 12, 2013. Members of the Children's Heart Running Team have included cardiologists from UMMC's Children's Heart Program, nurses, family members, students and community friends who've heard about the team and want to run for a good cause.
All the money raised by the Children's Heart Running Team goes directly to the Children's Heart Program at the University of Maryland Children's Hospital, where we care for patients with heart disease from before birth through childhood and into adulthood.
Running with the Children's Heart team is FUN for runners of all levels! Here?s what runners need to know to get involved:
- To register, call Caroline Killian at UMMS Foundation at 410-328-6068 or email@example.com.
- You do not have to be a marathon runner to participate! Team members can participate in the 5k, half marathon, full marathon, relay or Kids Fun Run.
- Runners must pay a $25 registration fee (discounted rate) and raise a minimum of $100.
You do not have to be a marathon runner to participate! Team members can participate in the 5k ($20 registration fee), half marathon ($40 registration fee), full marathon ($50 registration fee), team relay ($30 registration fee) or Kids Fun Run.
- Runners must raise a minimum of $100.
- Prizes are available for the top fundraisers.
- All runners receive a Children's Heart Running Team shirt from Under Armour.
- Runners who refer 3 other participants get entered into a drawing for a pair of Newton running shoes.
Children's Heart Running Team FAQs
Please select a question to see the answer:
Is joining the Children's Heart Running Team an all-year thing, or just a one-time race?
Do I have to be an employee or student at the University of Maryland in order to participate?
What is the fee to register for the running team?
How much do I need to fundraise?
Where does the money raised go?
How do I fundraise?
If I'm not comfortable asking for money what do I do?
Why should I join this team?
Can I sponsor a runner?
The Children's Heart Running Team is looking for sponsors to help promote this great cause. For information on supporting this team, contact with Caroline Killian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-328-6068.
Not a runner but want to help the team in other ways? Volunteer with us! Sign up here.
This page was last updated on:
April 9, 2013.
For more information about UMCH or to make an appointment,
please call 1-866-408-6885 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).