Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship Program
Salary, Benefits, and Employment Requirements 2012-2013
- PGY1: $48,714
- PGY2: $51,095
- PGY3: $53,449
- PGY4: $55,647
- PGY5: $57,817
- PGY6: $59,742
- PGY7: $61,800
- PGY8: $64,876
Life Insurance (paid by the hospital)
Professional Liability Coverage
All University of Maryland residents and fellows are provided professional liability coverage through the Maryland Medical Center Insurance Program for activities performed on behalf of UMMS while working within the scope of employment, performed with the delineation of clinical privileges and in accordance with specified Terms and Conditions of Coverage.
Coverage provided annually is in the limits of liability of at least $1 million per claim/$3 million per aggregate.
Choices include University Network Care (a triple option plan); Kaiser Permanente (a managed care plan); Maryland Point of Service (managed care plan with opt-out feature).
- Prescription Drug and Vision Benefits
- Group Life
All University of Maryland residents and fellows are eligible to receive 100% of your weekly base salary up until the 90th day of disability and 60% thereafter. Benefits may continue for a maximum of 180 days. Beyond 180 days, you may be eligible for long-term disability.
All University of Maryland residents and fellows are eligible and the benefit pays 60% of monthly income after short-term benefits and all paid leave have been exhausted. The benefit integrates with Social Security and Worker's Compensation benefits.
Three weeks plus time off for either Christmas or New Year's holidays.
Educational and Professional Advancement
- AAP membership, including all member benefits (e.g. Pedialink, NeoReviews)
- Certification in NRP
- Neonatology office modem access to University of Maryland Health Sciences
- Library, facilitating searches through most recent literature
- Educational stipend toward expenses for attending research meeting
- Photocopy privileges
- Two white lab coats plus laundering services
- Eligibility for membership in the Employee Credit Union
- Use of Medical Center athletic facility at a nominal cost
- Meal tickets for nights on call
- Parking (available through payroll deduction)
This page was last updated on:
- Satisfactory completion of an ACGME-accredited pediatric residency
- UMMC will hire only U.S. citizens and non-citizens that are authorized for
employment. Non-immigrant alien fellows will be sponsored under the J-1 visas
program. H-1B visas are not considered appropriate visas for fellows. Prospective
foreign national fellow will need to produce:
- a Certificate of U.S Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561);
- a Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570);
- an unexpired foreign passport with I-551 stamp or attached Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization;
- Permanent Resident Card ("green card") or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (Form I-151 or I-551);
- Unexpired Employment Authorization issued by DHS that contains a photograph (Form I-688B);
- or a J-1 status with an unexpired I-94 and unexpired IAP Form 66
- You will be required to have a pre-employment physical which will include proof of vaccination and/or titers for MMR, varicella, hepatitis B and also a urine drug screen.
January 11, 2012.
If you have any questions regarding our fellowship program, please contact our Fellowship Coordinator, Millie Bileck, at (410) 328-6003.