Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics
The Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics offers comprehensive
evaluation and treatment of all pediatric infectious diseases.
The division provides outpatient evaluation and consultation for children hospitalized
with complicated infections.
- Any pediatric patients with presumed infection in need of assistance with diagnosis or management plan
- Provides vaccinations and prophylaxis against infectious diseases for children and adults traveling outside the United States
- Provides evaluation of children with infections acquired abroad
Research efforts of the Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics occur within the University of Maryland Center for Vaccine Development, a world-renowned multi-disciplinary research center that focuses on development of vaccines for diseases of global significance.
Services to Physicians
This page was last updated on:
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
- Short-term and long-term management
May 10, 2011.
For more information about UMCH or to make an appointment,
please call 1-866-408-6885 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).