Physicians and Staff
The physicians and staff at the University of Maryland Children's Hospital
(UMCH) understand that children have special needs. Each UMCH division
is staffed by professionals who are experts in their medical disciplines,
and enjoy working with children.
To ensure that
UMCH patients get all of the care they need, our phsyicians
and staff work together in a multidisciplinary fashion.
For more information about UMCH's physicians and staff, select from the
division names below:
This page was last updated on:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine: Provides general and specialized comprehensive care to adolescents and young
adults 12-25 years of age.
- Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrics: Provides comprehensive consultation, evaluation and treatment for children,
birth to age 21, with developmental and behavioral problems.
- Children's Heart Program: Provides compassionate and comprehensive cardiac care for children from before birth through adulthood with a specialized team of pediatric cardiologists and surgeons, diagnostic technology and interventional procedures, and an emphasis on each individual patient and their entire family.
- Center for Child Protection: Team members focus on children who are suffering from all forms of neglect
- Critical Care (Pediatric ICU): Provides state-of-the-art multidisciplinary critical care for young patients
with life-threatening medical and surgical conditions.
- Emergency Medicine: Provides acute care and stabilizes children prior to hospital admission.
- Endocrinology: Provides a range of specialized services to evaluate and manage patients with
endocrine disorders, including growth problems and diabetes control.
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and laboratory services to evaluate
and treat infants, children and adolescents with gastrointestinal disorders.
- General Pediatrics: Provides
continuing comprehensive care to children from infancy through early adulthood.
- Genetics: Specialists
evaluate, counsel and offer ongoing care for patients with genetic diseases,
inborn errors of metabolism, birth defects and multiple malformation syndromes.
- Growth and Nutrition: Offers
continuing comprehensive care to children from infancy through early childhood and consists of
the Growth and Nutrition Clinic and research studies related to pediatric growth and development.
- Hematology/Oncology: Offers comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children with
cancer and blood diseases.
- Immunology and Rheumatology: Evaluates and treats children with immunologic diseases, with a special
emphasis on HIV and rheumatology.
- Infectious Diseases/Tropical Pediatrics: Offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment of all pediatric infectious
- Neonatology/NICU: Offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for all critically ill neonates,
incluing extremely low birth-weight infants and those with surgical, genetic
and cardiological conditions.
- Nephrology: Provides 24-hour
consultation on children from infancy to adolescence who suffer from renal
disease or hypertension.
- Neurology: Offers advanced
multidisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic management of neurological problems
- Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery: Provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient pediatric oral and maxillofacial
surgery services to evaluate and treat infants and children with oral, maxillofacial,
and craniofacial disorders.
- Pulmonology and Allergy: Offers
comprehensive evaluation, treatment, and education for childhood asthma and
other breathing disorders, allergic diseases, and primary immunodeficiencies.
- Pediatric Orthopaedcs: Provides treatment for the entire spectrum of pediatric orthopaedic problems including
disorders of growth and development of the skeleton, muscles, tendons, nerves, and joints.
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: Provides comprehensive
management of infants and children with all types of problems of the ears,
nose, throat, head and neck.
- Pediatric Sleep Disorders Center: Provides state-of-the-art evaluations of sleep disorders from infancy
through childhood and adolescence.
- Pediatric Surgery: Offers
comprehensive pediatric surgical care for children up to 18 years of age.
October 20, 2011.
For more information about UMCH or to make an appointment,
please call 1-866-408-6885 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).