Special Services for Physicians
The University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service
The University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service provides
physicians and health professionals with 24-hour toll-free telephone access
to all the resources of University of Maryland Medicine. The Referral Service
is available to assist with:
- Providing 24-hour direct access to critical care/advanced life support transport
services for adults and children
- Identifying appropriate specialists for consultation
- Obtaining immediate consultations with attending physicians
- Scheduling appointments for patients
- Obtaining information on specialized services at University of Maryland
- Furnishing directions and parking information to patients
- Information and registration for outreach
- CME programs
To use the referral service, call 1-800-373-4111, at any time from anywhere
in the United States. A physician service representative will route your call
to the appropriate physician or department.
In addition to the toll-free line for physicians, the Referral Service provides
a separate line for consumers: 1-800-492-5538
This page was last updated on:
March 14, 2013.
For more information about the University Physicians Consultation
and Referral Service, please call 1-800-373-4111 or 410-328-1234.