7. Perform chest compressions:
8. Give the infant 2 more breaths. The chest should rise.
9. Continue CPR (30 chest compressions followed by 2 breaths, then repeat) for about 2 minutes.
10. After about 2 minutes of CPR, if the infant still does not have normal breathing, coughing, or any movement, leave the infant to call 911.
11. Repeat step 9 until the infant recovers or help arrives.
If the infant starts breathing again, place them in the recovery position. Periodically re-check for breathing until help arrives.
© 2011 University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC). All rights reserved.
UMMC is a member of the University of Maryland Medical System,
22 S. Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. TDD: 1-800-735-2258 or 1.866.408.6885