How to Make an Appointment at UMGCCC
Being told that you have cancer is a life-changing experience. Suddenly, your world is turned upside down, and the uncertainties of a cancer diagnosis seem overwhelming.
That’s why we place a high priority on providing patients with immediate access when trying to make an appointment with our nationally renowned cancer specialists.
When you call UMGCCC, you will have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be seen by the appropriate cancer expert quickly -- usually within three or four days, and quite often sooner.
Newly Diagnosed Patients or Patients Seeking Second Opinions:
Call our New Patient Referral Coordinator – 410-328-7904 (between 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday); 1-800-888-8823 any time
Follow-up Visits or Ongoing Treatment Appointments:
Call the Stoler Pavilion – 410-328-7450.
Call our Physician One Call link – 1-800-373-4111.
When you call, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Patient's full name, address, phone number, date of birth and social security number
- Fax or e-mail address, if you prefer these communication options
- Diagnosis and date of diagnosis
- Source of referral: physician, friend/relative, hotline, Internet, self, other
- Name, phone number and fax number of your primary care and/or any referring physician
- Insurance company name and identification number
- Preference for a specific physician or appointment date
- Name and phone number of a contact person
If you are uncertain which doctor you should see for your diagnosis, or if you have other general questions about coming to the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, our Patient Referral Coordinators will be happy to help.