Head and Neck Cancer
The University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center's Head and Neck Oncology team is nationally recognized for its innovative approaches
and advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cancers of
the head and neck region. Our goal is to provide every patient with the best chance for survival, the greatest functional outcomes and the highest quality of life.
To make an appointment, call 410-328-6866.
Why Choose UMGCCC For Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
- Multi-Disciplinary Care: Our team of head and neck cancer physicians meets weekly to discuss each case and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Highest Volumes in the State: Our team treats more cases of head and neck cancer than any other center in the state.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Options: Experts specialty trained in robotic surgery can offer qualifying patients minimally invasive surgery to decrease hospital length-of-stay and recovery time.
- Cutting-Edge Research: UMGCCC experts – all faculty at the University of Maryland School of Medicine – hold bi-weekly meetings to discuss upcoming head and neck cancer research, clinical trials and treatment advancements.
- Access to Proton Therapy: We are the only center in the region that can offer patients proton therapy, a precise and targeted form of radiation therapy.
We treat all cancers of the head and neck region, including:
- Oral cavity (mouth)
- Larynx (voice box)
- Cervical Esophageal Cancer
- Paranasal sinuses
- Pharynx (throat)
- Salivary glands
- Skin tumors of the face and neck
- Skull base tumors