About University of Maryland Children's Hospital
In providing the best possible care for children of all ages, the University of Maryland Children's Hospital (UMCH) takes the slogan "Children Are Our Future" very seriously. Children have specific physiological and emotional needs that differ from adults. That's why everything that we do at UMCH is kid-focused!
In addition to our clinical services, UMCH is a national leader in children's health care research. Our highly respected and well-funded research activities allow us to search for cures to childhood illnesses.
- We have a vast range of specialty care (over 20!).
- Our health care providers are fellowship-trained, meaning they spent extra time training to be a pediatric specialist.
- We have a 52-bed neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) as well as a 19-bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
- We have a dedicated pediatric emergency room where experts care just for kids.
- We have many outpatient locations across Maryland.
- We have a team of Child Life Specialists who devote their days to making kids feel like kids!
- Every member of the family is impacted when a child is sick which is why we emphasize family-centered care.