The University of Maryland Children's Hospital is the first pediatric hospital on the East Coast to receive a certificate of distinction from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) for its treatment of children with asthma. The designation shows that the Children's Hospital's pediatric asthma program meets rigorous standards for excellent care.
The Pediatric Asthma Program is within the division of pulmonology at the University of Maryland Children's Hospital. It offers full-services for the evaluation, management and education of asthma in the inpatient, outpatient, and emergency department settings. The program is lead by pediatric specialists who are committed to helping children control their asthma so that they can lead healthy, active lives.
Areas of Expertise
- Central apnea/hyperventilation
- Chronic lung disease
- Chronic cough
- Recurrent pneumonia/infections
- Aspiration syndromes
- Atopic dermatitis
- Primary immunodeficiency
- Chronic sinusitis
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Eosinophilic gastro-intestinal disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Allergen Immunotherapy
- Anti-IgE therapy
- IV and subcutaneous gammaglobulin
- Ventilation services/oxygen management
- Breathmobile® - Free mobile asthma clinic
for underserved/uninsured children.
- Pediatric Sleep Program - Evaluation and management of suspected sleep disorders from infancy to adolescence.