Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Training Program
All required materials must be received to fully complete the application. Credentials are reviewed by the program director and selected applicants are invited to participate in an interview at University of Maryland Medical Center. Confirmation of the intention to participate in the interview is required.
At this time, our complement has been filled for fellowship training beginning July 2017. We are currently accepting applications for one open position for fellowship training beginning July 2018. We will begin to accept applications for fellowship training beginning July 2019 in Winter 2016. Beginning Winter 2016, applications to the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship program will be made through the AAMC Electronic Residency Application Service, ERAS.
The following required application materials must be submitted:
1. Application for Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Personal Statement
4. Three letters of recommendation
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted in enclosed envelopes
- At least one letter should directly address your experience and skills in Clinical Cardiology at your University Training Program.
- One letter should be from the chairman or program director of your training program
5. Medical School Transcript
8. USMLE Transcript
9. Board Scores and Specific In-Service or In-Training exam Scores
10. ECFMG Status Report( if applicable)
It is not necessary to supply documentary evidence for any information already covered on the application. Proof of residency and fellowship are required.
Please forward all questions & documents to:
Taryn N. Webb
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
University of Maryland
110 S. Paca Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Policies and Information for applying to University of Maryland Fellowship Programs:
Fellows Application Process & Applicant Communication Package
Information and Resources for Accepted Fellows
International Medical Graduates
- Please note that a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (http://www.ecfmg.org/) certificate, including successful completion of USMLE Step 2 as well as eligibility for a J-1 visa, is required by matched date for all international graduates.
We do not sponsor H-1 visas.
Interview Lodging Suggestions:
There are several hotels in the downtown Baltimore area, within walking distance to the medical center. UMMC does not recommend nor endorse specific lodgings, but we do suggest that you ask for any specials that they are running for interview weekends when booking.
401 West Pratt Street, Baltimore MD 21201.
301 West Lombard Street, Baltimore MD 21201.
Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
110 South Eutaw Street, Baltimore MD 21201
Days Inn Inner Harbor
100 Hopkins Place, Baltimore MD 21201
Note: Due to the large volume of applications received, we do not honor telephone requests to verify receipt of applications or letters. We encourage all applicants to ensure completion of document submission and follow up with those providing letters of recommendations.
For additional questions, please contact our Academic Coordinator, Mrs. Taryn Webb, at email@example.com or 410-328-8278.