Where are UMMC's Infectious Diseases Fellows Now?
The broad educational opportunities available at University of Maryland allow our fellows to pursue a wide array of career options when they complete their training.
The majority take positions in academics or private practice; many choose hybrid models of private practice that include research and medical education. Some have sought further training in critical care medicine, microbiology, and epidemiologic research. Others have stayed for a third year to specialize in transplant and immunocompromised hosts or international HIV.
As you can see from the list below, the fellowship has a large network of former fellows not only on the East Coast, but throughout the country and internationally.
- Cornell University
- Drexel University
- Johns Hopkins University
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Oregon Health Sciences University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Maryland
- University of Minnesota
- University of South Dakota
- University of Texas, Galveston
- University of Washington
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
- West Virginia University
- New York
- North Carolina
- Washington, DC
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Veterans Administration (VA)
- South Africa