The team of gastroenterologists within the University of Maryland Liver Center provide inpatient and outpatient endoscopic and diagnostic procedures. The Endoscopy Unit at the University of Maryland is one of only 33 units in the U.S. to be honored by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) for its adherence to ASGE safety guidelines and commitment to quality assurance.
Patients are treated in a state-of-the-art endoscopy suite that provides a full range of endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic services, including:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Difficult cannulation
- Management of giant stones
- Palliation of pancreaticobiliary malignancies
- Management of bile leaks
- Treatment of acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Cancer staging
- Submucosal lesion evaluation
- Celiac neurolysis
- Barrett's Ablation
- Single balloon enteroscopy
- Esophageal cryotherapy
- Enteral stenting
To schedule an appointment at the Liver Center, please call 1-800-492-5538. Physicians may call 1-800-373-4111.