The Hepatology program within the University of Maryland Liver Center provides thorough evaluation and medical treatment for patients with all stages of liver and hepatobiliary disease.
Specialized transplant hepatologists work closely with the transplant surgeons to manage patients both before and after liver transplantation.
Other areas of focus for Hepatology:
- New treatments for hepatitis C and hepatitis C recurrence in difficult populations (cirrhosis, prior non-responders)
- Evaluation and biopsy of hepatic and extra-hepatic malignancies
- Research in increasing prevalence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Comprehensive medical management of all aspects of chronic liver disease
- Medical management of acute alcoholic liver disease
To schedule an appointment at the Liver Center, please call 1-800-492-5538. Physicians may call 1-800-373-4111.