How to Apply - UMMC Psychiatry Residency
For all applicants:
- Applications are accepted from the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- We will contact you if you are offered an interview.
- NRMP Program Codes:
- PGY-1: 1252400C0
- PGY-1, physician-scientist track: 1252400C1
- In addition to the Medical School Performance Evaluation ("MSPE" or Dean's Letter), three letters of recommendation are required.
- There is no restriction on the number of years since graduation from medical school.
- Read about UMMC's residency salary and benefits.
Applicants for PGY-1 Physician-Scientist Track
- Requirements: Successful completion of an M.D. degree and a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience or related area.
Applicants for PGY-2, PGY-3 and PGY-4 positions:
- Some years, we may have PGY-2 positions available. If you are interested in applying for a PGY-2 position, you must apply through ERAS.
- PGY-2, PGY-3 and PGY-4 positions are offered out of the Match.
- Applicants must pass Steps 1 and 2 to enter the program.
- There are no minimum "cut off" scores.
- J-1 visa sponsorship only.
- ECFMG certification required.
- Significant clinical experience in Psychiatry in the U.S. is required.
- Observerships/externships are not available.
If contacted for an interview, it will be scheduled for a Tuesday or Friday, typically starting in October and running through January. The interview day begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at approximately 4:30 p.m.
The faculty reviews all applications in detail.
Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of your application or to inform you that you have not been selected to interview.
For more information, contact:
University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency Training Program
University of Maryland
701 W. Pratt St., 4th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
E-Mail: [email protected]