Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care
W. Todd, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Fellowship Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Medicine: Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Special Interests: Pulmonary Fibrosis, Lung Cancer
Medical Degree: University of Maryland
Residency: Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center, Pulmonary and Critical Care
Certification: Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Todd serves as an attending physician in the Medical Intensive Care Unit, on the inpatient and outpatient pulmonary consultative service, and on the pulmonary and critical care services at the Baltimore VA Medical Center. He is Program Director for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship at the University of Maryland. His clinical interests include interstitial lung disease, COPD and lung cancer. His research interests include understanding the mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis and evaluation of genetic and protein abnormalities in lung cancer.
- Luzina IG, Todd NW, Iacono AT, Atamas SP. Roles of T lymphocytes in pulmonary fibrosis. J Leukocyte Biol 2008, 83:237-44.
- Nacu N, Luzina IG, Highsmith K, Lockatell V, Pochetuhen K, Todd NW, Atamas SP. Macrophages utilize TGFBI (BIGH3) following apoptotic cell ingestion to reduce MMP14 levels and collagen turnover in fibroblasts. J Immunol 2008, 180:5036-44.
- Mozaffarian A, Brewer AW, Trueblood ES, Luzina IG, Todd NW, Atamas SP, Arnett HA. Mechanisms of oncostatin M induced pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis. J Immunol 2008, 181:7243-53.
- Luzina IG, Todd NW, Nacu N, Lockatell V, Choi J, Hummers LK, Atamas SP. Regulation of pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis through expression of integrins aVß3 and aVß5 on pulmonary T lymphocytes. Arthritis Rheum 2009, 60:15301539.
- Jiang F, Todd NW, Qiu Q, Liu Z, Katz RL, Stass SA. Combined genetic analysis of sputum and computed tomography for noninvasive diagnosis of non-small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2009, 66:58-63.
- Jiang F, Qiu Q, Khanna A, Todd NW, Deepak J, Xing L, Wang H, Liu Z, Stass SA, Katz RL. Aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 is a tumor stem cell-associated marker in lung cancer. Mol Cancer Res 2009, 7:330-8.
- Xie Y, Todd NW, Liu Z, Zhan M, Fang H, Peng H, Alattar M, Deepak J, Stass SA, Jiang F. Altered miRNA Expression in Sputum for Diagnosis of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Lung Cancer 2010, 67:170-6.
- MTodd NW, Lavania S, Park MH, Iacono AT, Franks TJ, Galvin JR, Jeudy J, Britt EJ, Luzina IG, Hasday JD, Atamas SP.Variable Prevalence of Pulmonary Hypertension in Patients with Advanced Interstitial Pneumonia. J Heart Lung Transplant 2010, 29:188-94.
- Yu L, Todd NW, Xing L, Xie Y, Zhang H, Liu Z, Fang H, Zhang J, Katz RL, Jiang F. Early detection of lung adenocarcinoma in sputum by a panel of microRNA markers. Int J Cancer 2010, Mar 2 [Epub ahead of print].
- Xing L, Todd NW, Yu L, Fang H, Jiang F. Early detection of squamous cell lung cancer in sputum by a panel of microRNA markers. Mod Pathol 2010 Jun 4 [Epub ahead of print]
- Jiang FF, Todd NW, Li R, Zhang H, Fang HB, Stass SA. A panel of sputum-based genomic marker for early detection of lung cancer. Cancer Prev Res 2010, Sep 23 [Epub ahead of print]
- M.D.: University of Maryland School of Medicine, 1986
- Residency: Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, 1986-1989.
- Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center, Pulmonary and Critical Care
Current Position: Assistant Professor of Medicine
1-800-373-4111 (physicians only)
1-800-492-5538 (patients only)
1-410-328-8919 (news media only)
« Back to Faculty
This page was last updated on:
August 1, 2011.
For patient inquiries, call 1-800-492-5538
or click here
to make an appointment.