Family and Community Medicine Residency Program
- Apply through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Complete ERAS Common
Application Form/Official USMLE Transcript
- Must have completed student clerkships in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics,
Psychiatry and OB/GYN in an inpatient setting
- Letters of reference from: the dean of your medical school (including transcript);
and three faculty members—dated within the past 2 years
- Completion of USMLE Steps I and II—CS/CK or Comlex Equivalent
- ECFMG Certificate (must be valid indefinitely), if applicable
- Must be J-1 Visa Eligible
- Minimum of 3 months of U.S., Canada or U.K. based clinical experience within
the past 3 years
- Must have completed medical school within the last 3 years
- Strong interest in Family Medicine expressed through application
- Application deadline is December 12, 2012
- No more than 2 attempts on any USMLE Step Examination
- USMLE score of 200 or greater
- We interview for 10 residency positions
- We do accept International and Foreign Medical Graduates
- Applicants granted interviews will be notified by the residency coordinator
- Interviews will take place at the University of Maryland, Department of Family
& Community Medicine on Mondays and Fridays.
- The day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 3:00 p.m.
Please direct all inquiries to Valerie Liner, our program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on:
November 16, 2012.
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).