Maryland Vascular Center
The Maryland Vascular Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center provides specialty
care for patients with a wide range of vascular problems, particularly those problems that
require surgical treatment. Specific treatment options offered to patients are listed
This page was last updated on:
- Aortic Aneurysms & Vascular Screening:
Information about the importance of vascular screening in detecting aortic aneurysms before
they rupture, causing often fatal injuries.
- Carotid Endarterectomy: Traditional
procedure to remove plaque build-up from the carotid artery.
- Carotid Stenting: Minimally invasive
alternative procedure to remove plaque build-up from the carotid artery.
- Complex Aortic Surgery: Surgical
procedure used to correct and repair a variety of complicated vascular diseases.
- CREST Study: Information based upon the results of a
recent study comparing the use of carotid endarterectomy versus carotid stenting to treat
October 29, 2010.