Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Health
Obstetrics | Night
Float | Gynecology |
Oncology | Medicine
Rotations: Mercy Medical Center - Gynecology
The team consists of a 4th and 2nd or 3rd year resident. Residents round on
the patients they themselves operated on, or redistribute as needed to keep
it relatively even. Round and complete notes before OR. Each resident usually
puts their own patients on the sign out.
Second or Third Year resident responsibilities:
- First call to the ER and floor for consults.
- Perform consultations with the supervision of an attending.
- Participate in all assigned benign Gyn cases.
- Teach students in gynecologic care and procedures.
- Complete paperwork for discharge of assigned patients.
- Dictate discharge summaries on service patients.
- Weekend call at Mercy as second call for third years or Mercy or University
as second call for second years
Fourth Year resident responsibilities:
This page was last updated on:
- Oversee care of all Gyn patients and consults.
- Arrange for coverage of Gyn cases.
- Prepare monthly Gyn statistics.
- Dictate notes and discharge summaries on a timely basis.
- Teach residents and students in gynecologic care and procedures.
- All assigned medical records are to be completed by the end of the rotation.
- Weekend call at University as chief
June 6, 2008.