Health and Wellness Programs
Don't wait! Get yourself healthy!
Find out how to start our programs by calling Mariellen Synan, Community Outreach manager, at 410-328-8402 or emailing [email protected].
Living Well with High Blood Pressure
This two-and-a-half-hour class is for people with high blood pressure who want to manage and learn more about how to better control their high blood pressure.
During this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Take your own blood pressure
- Eat healthy
- Identify salty foods and how to avoid them
- Take your medications correctly
- Know your numbers for a healthy lifestyle
Diabetes Prevention Program
This fun, interactive, 16-week class is for people who are at risk for getting diabetes or have been told they are pre-diabetic. One in three American adults may get Type 2 diabetes. UMMC's diabetes prevention program can help you learn how to make lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes.
In the sessions, you will learn how to:
- Eat healthy and lose weight
- Get active and keep moving
- Change unhealthy habits into healthy habits
- Support each other and learn tips for staying on track
If you are interested in being a part of the next class, please contact:
Community Outreach Manager
Living Well with Chronic Health Conditions
This motivating, six-week workshop is designed for people with chronic health conditions and/or caregivers. Each class helps you set goals, make action plans and improve your life.
You will learn how to:
- Manage your fatigue and pain
- Talk to your doctor
- Decrease frustrations
- Eat healthy
- Get control of your life