Important Links and Phone Numbers
Guest Services Shuttle/Van: 410-328-5473
Employee Assistance Program: 410-328-5860
See letter for more information about EAP's services and how to access them.
For your commute:
- Know before you go. Check the news and UMMC extranet for information on planned/known issues. Avoid areas of known trouble or violence.
- Have an alternate route in case your primary route is not passable.
- Park in designated areas. UMMC and UMB will designate areas for staff parking.
- Don’t attract attention. Horn honking, driving aggressively and loud music can all bring unwanted attention to you. Don’t take pictures or selfies of crowds.
- Keep your windows rolled up and doors locked. If possible, place valuables (purses, laptops, etc.) in the trunk out of site.
- Have a full tank of gas and keep your cell phone next to you (but don’t text and drive).
- If you’re confronted, stay in your vehicle and keep moving if you can.
Walking into work:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Leave your ear buds at home.
- Don’t talk on the phone or text while walking.
- Travel with others. Don’t loiter, linger or gawk.
- Don’t attract attention. Flashy clothes, bling and visible smartphones all attract unwanted attention. Don’t take pictures or selfies.
- Use parking shuttles and security escorts (if available).
- UMMC Shuttle Service: 410-328-5473.
- UMMC Escort Service: 410-706-6882.
- Don’t wear your badge while off the property.
If conditions deteriorate around the Medical Center:
- Don’t linger, loiter or gawk outside the building.
- The Medical Center may restrict access into our buildings.
- You must have an ID badge worn above the waist to enter the building.
- Access control is done to protect staff and patients; please do not challenge instructions given by security or law enforcement personnel.
- You may be asked to use alternative exits or wait before exiting the building. This is done for your protection, as well as those in the building. Again, please cooperate with security personnel.
- Stay away from windows and draw blinds or curtains, if available.
Ways to Help
Consider a donation to the Maryland Unites Fund. UMMC will match dollar-for-dollar any donation made by a UMMC or UMMC Midtown employee, up to a total of $10,000. 100% of your donation will go toward humanitarian relief and emergency support to nonprofits in affected Baltimore neighborhoods. To make a difference, please consider any level of donation by clicking on the link here: http://igfn.us/vf/MDUnites/UMMCAndUMMCMidtown.