Hydrogen peroxide (On the skin)
Hydrogen Peroxide (HYE-droe-jen per-OX-ide)
Prevents infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Aplicare One Hydrogen Peroxide, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Hydrogen Peroxide, Good Sense Hydrogen Peroxide, Health Mart Hydrogen Peroxide, Quality Choice Hydrogen Peroxide, Rite Aid Hydrogen Peroxide, Rite Aid Hydrogen Peroxide Wipes, Swan Hydrogen Peroxide
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it get in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away. Do not use this medicine over large areas of your body.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Clean the affected area, and then apply a small amount of medicine.
- If you are going to use a bandage, let the treated area dry before you cover it.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Do not use on deep wounds, puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns, unless your doctor says it is okay.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 1 week unless your doctor tells you to.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 10/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.