Select Trauma Critical Care Unit
Nurse Manager: Holly Sowko, MS, RN, NEA-BC
The Trauma Intermediate Care Unit on the 6th floor provides multidisciplinary comprehensive care to patients who have sustained primary central nervous system injury (brain and spinal column), in addition to patients sustaining multi-system trauma, and patients with major wounds often requiring hyperbaric oxygenation therapy.
All patients on this unit are inpatients. The unit operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and has a capacity of 24 beds.
Major clinical activities / procedures rendered include:
- ECG monitoring
- Hygiene measures
- Pulmonary care
- SpO2 monitoring
- Chest tube management
- Patient and family teaching
- Enteral/parenteral nutrition
- Glucometer blood glucose assessment
- Assessments, planning, intervention and evaluation
- Moderate sedation
- Wound care
- Orthopaedic stabilization
- Rehabilitation preparation
- Mechanical ventilation
- Medication and blood product administration
- Central venous pressure and arterial line monitoring
- Emotional support and counseling for patients and families
For all patient information, please call 410-328-9284.